- Suncor Energy Family Day: Free admission from 6 to 9 a.m. and free breakfast for the first 20,000 guests. Tickets distributed at Park entrances are required to receive breakfast. Enjoy fun family activities all day long!
- Acrobatic Ice Show: A Rock n’ Roll Fantasy (new!): Join Canada’s elite skating superstars including world renowned Elvis Stojko, Olympic Gold Medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Calgary’s own Olympian Vaughn Chipeur and cirque-style acrobats for this high energy show. Accompanied by live performances of rock n’ roll’s most unforgettable anthems, this spectacle promises to be an unforgettable experience for the entire family. A special performance today at 10 a.m. as well as daily performances at 2 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. in the Stampede Corral (the Superdogs have moved to the upper level of the Big Four Building). Seating is limited so be there early. Free with Park admission.
- Stampede Slots: A new Stampede Slots room is operating during the Stampede located in the Big Four Building featuring more than 400 slot machines, including 200 new machines. The Stampede Casino on 421 – 12 Avenue S.E. is also open.
- Draft Horse Town (new!): Draft Horse Town pays homage to the mighty “draft horse” breeds – Belgians, Clydesdales, Percherons and Shires – and the significant role they played in building Western Canada. Plenty of hands-on activities and exhibits, and a close-up look at these magnificent beasts in action. Climb up on a carriage or “nuzzle up” to a new friend for a memorable picture. Draft Horse Town is located on Saddledome Lane, just south of the Saddledome and north of the Agriculture Building.
- Youth Speech and Debate Finals: Listen as the top youth speakers debate the growing significance and implications of wind power. The final competition takes place at 5:30 p.m. at the Window on the West stage, Western Showcase, in BMO Centre.
- Vintage Tractor Pull Finals: Come and see the vintage brawn of the barn! Restored vintage tractors, built in 1960 or earlier, will square off in six different weight classes in this popular invitational event under the Stampede’s Big Top. The winners will be determined by the highest aggregate score over two pulls. The finals take place under the Big Top at 3:30 p.m.
- World Championship Blacksmiths’ Competition Finals: Every year, the world’s top craftsmen in this time-honoured profession give their all in front of thousands of spectators in what has become known as the “Olympics of Blacksmithing”, both educating and entertaining the public with their skills and abilities. The semi-finals, finals, and award competitions all happen under the Big Top from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nashville North: Karen Lee Batten, Shane Chisholm, Jason Greenley, Aaron Lines
- Coca-Cola Stage: Thomas and friends, Terry Stokes, Barenaked Ladies
- Saddledome Plaza Stage: Splash n’ Boots, Calgary Stampede Showband, Circo Comedia (new!), Treaty 7 First Nations dancers, Visiting Bands performance, Calgary Stampede Showband small ensembles, Recycled Percussion, comedian Michael Harrison (new!), A Band of Outriders
Day Two Results:
- Chuckwagon Races
- Cowboy Up Challenge (Extreme Cowboy Race)
- Team Penning Competitions