This week’s Weekly Wrangle features details of the 2011 Royal Tour, the Stampede Parade, new animal care standards to be implemented at this year’s Stampede, and the winner of the Calgary Stampede’s Ultimate Intern contest!
Friday, June 24, 2011
- Calgary Stampede’s Ultimate Intern has been revealed: The Calgary Stampede has found its Ultimate Intern for The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.
- 2012 Limited Edition Centennial Saddle: The Calgary Stampede will mark its 100th anniversary in 2012. To celebrate, the Western Performance Horse committee is releasing limited edition saddles, each handcrafted by the world-renowned saddle maker, Vic Bennett.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Calgary Stampede has your reserved seat for the anticipated Stampede Parade: It’s official, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Will and Kate will be taking part in the 2011 Stampede Parade. Fortunately, the Calgary Stampede Parade Day GetAway package can guarantee you get a reserved seat for all the action.
- “Fitness to Compete” A new animal care standard for the 2011 Calgary Stampede: Over the next three weeks the Calgary Stampede will roll out one of the most comprehensive animal care programs in North America.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
- Stampede Parade to highlight Royal Couple’s Tour of Alberta: Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the province of Alberta from July 6 to 8. The stop in Alberta will be highlighted by their participation in the annual Calgary Stampede Parade on Friday, July 8.
- Government of Canada Unveils Details of 2011 Royal Tour: The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, today announced the itinerary of the Royal Tour of Canada by Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Stampede Lotteries unveils $1.4 million in prizes: More than $1.4 million in prizes were unveiled today as the Calgary Stampede Lotteries showcased its impressive 2011 lineup. Included was the much-anticipated Homes By Avi Rotary Dream Home, valued at $724,950, Lions Lucky Loot worth up to $310,000 and Kinsmen Wheels totalling more than $461,283.
Monday, June 20, 2011
- Extraordinary youngsters to join Rick Hansen in Calgary Stampede Parade: They come from every corner of the country and a variety of backgrounds. They have overcome obstacles and helped others do the same. They have helped to make their respective communities the best, most welcoming places they can be. Indeed, they are Difference Makers.
If you want to stay up-to-date with all of the Calgary Stampede’s news stories and media releases, keep an eye on our e-News Portal at http://news.calgarystampede.com, subscribe to the e-News Portal RSS feed, or follow the official Calgary Stampede Twitter account at @calgarystampede.