No one knows the Calgary Stampede Midway games better than Scooter Korek, President of Fun at North American Midway Entertainment, the official provider of rides and games at the Calgary Stampede. Here are some insider tips and tricks from Scooter, that you can use to try and impress your friends and possibly help you to win big on the Midway:
Ring-Toss – Objective: Toss a ring onto the neck of a glass jug.
- Get low! Sit on the ledge to get a better angel.
- Throw the ring like you are trying to skim it along the tops of the jugs.
Block Buster – Objective: Throw a soft ball to knock all three blocks off their pedestal.
- Speed and strength are no match for accuracy.
- Aim to hit the stack between the middle and bottom block.
- Don’t throw over hand, instead throw from the shoulder.
Shoot Out! – Objective: Shoot out all of the red star with only 100 pellets.
- To make the most of your pellets, be careful when you pull the trigger. Instead of squeezing the trigger, think about flicking it, similar motion to snapping your fingers. This will dispense fewer pellets per shot and allow you to have more control.
- Steady your aim. Use the guides on your gun to line up your target.
Whac-a-Mole – Objective: Just like the name says, whack the moles as they pop up.
- Any and all techniques work, just wait for the horn to sound and Whac those critters before they sneak back into their hole.
- Friendly competition is always welcome.
- Have fun!