Regarded as Calgary’s own iconic show, the Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show is a spectacle like no other that leaves audiences awe-inspired and amazed through spectacular and heartwarming productions.
This year, the Stampede is celebrating 50 years of Grandstand Shows – 50 years of hard work, dedication and creative performances for millions of people from around the world. This year’s show features some of Calgary’s most iconic moments with special guests and truly entertaining acts.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should see this year’s Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show:
- Performing in this year’s show, is one of Canada’s great songwriting treasures, his monster hit “Sugar Sugar” was released months after the Grandstand Show debuted in in 1968, we just had to have him perform for you!
- Tim Tamashiro, a multi-talented entertainer and recording artist who calls Calgary home, will be singing and leading our 17 piece orchestra we call The Relief Band.
- Host Rachel Avery is a Los Angeles based screenwriter, director, actor and former Young Canadian got her start right here at the Grandstand Show. Rachel will host the show, which features 120 talented Young Canadians and many other featured guests.
- Comedian Drew Lynch, from America’s Got Talent, will share his incredible life journey through both an inspiring and hilarious routine for 10 nights.
- Ronn Lucas is an institution in two places: Las Vegas – and the Calgary Stampede. As a world-class ventriloquist, he has made more stops at the Grandstand Show than almost any other act.
- Canadian Illusionist Darcy Oake amazes millions of people and knows how to leave everyone saying, “How did he DO that?”
- Alina Leiva and Yunier Morales’ will delight guests with their roller skating act, which has left audiences amazed and on the edge of their seats for years.
- A defining moment of the past 50 years in Calgary deserves a defining moment for our 50th Grandstand Show. Eddie the Eagle never stepped on the podium (or anywhere close to the podium), but he captured the hearts and defined the ‘88 Olympics.
- Everyone loves the fireworks. The Calgary Stampede fireworks will celebrate 50 years of the Grandstand Show and 50 years of The Young Canadians, in true Calgary Stampede fashion, they will make a bang, or more precisely, about 10,000 bangs.
- The Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show is Calgary’s own iconic show not to be missed.