At the centre of the Calgary Stampede you’ll find the heartbeat of our organization – our dedicated and passionate volunteers. And while they may come from different walks of life, backgrounds and professions, together they collectively share their love and commitment for creating a year-round gathering place for the community.
National Volunteer Week is April 23 – 29 and the theme this year is Canada 150. At the Stampede we celebrate the unique gifts of each of our volunteers and the ways they strengthen our surrounding communities.
“There are no words to express how valuable our volunteers are to Stampede. They make unique things happen every day that you can’t find anywhere else. They are the best!” says David Sibbald, president & chairman of the board.
Our volunteers donate more than their time; they also lend their talents in the areas of event management, leadership, relationship building, commitment to building our youth programs and welcoming new comers to our city.
Simply put, without the dedication and support of our 2,300 volunteers, we couldn’t do what we do. They share our vision and understand that we are about so much more than our 10-day festival.
Here are just a few of the reasons we love our volunteers:
- Passion – they are passionate about the committees they are a part of and the work they do.
- Commitment – it’s their middle name! They commit their time and hard work to all that the Stampede does, both during Stampede time and throughout the year. Many of them lead busy lives, but they still make time for us!
- Shared values and the belief that “We’re Greatest Together!” – Not only do they live the Stampede values of western hospitality, commitment to community and integrity of pride and place, but they believe in them whole-heartedly. They forge important relationships with community partners and work closely with employees to make sure our initiatives are supported.
- Talent – our volunteers are talented professionals and leaders in their communities. From lawyers to accountants, they are diverse individuals.
- They’ve got heart – they truly want to make our city a better place by engaging the community and being a good neighbour.
Happy National Volunteer Week to all of our wonderful volunteers. The Stampede appreciates each and every one of you for your generous contributions and support!