Details on that and more here:
- Brad Paisley: Grammy award-winning American country music singer and songwriter Brad Paisley will be coming to Calgary this week along with Darius Rucker and Justin Moore. Tuesday, October 5 at the Saddledome, show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the concert are available through Ticketmaster.
- Continuing Care Safety Conference: This professional development conference is designed for owners/CEOs, senior leaders, management and front line staff interested in topics centred on workplace safety. Presented by the Alberta Continuing Care Association and the Continuing Care Safety Association. October 5-6 at the BMO Centre. Registration information can be found here.
- NHL Hockey: The leaves are changing colour and the weather’s getting cooler; It means only one thing: NHL Hockey’s back! The Calgary Flames‘ regular season home opener is this Sunday, October 10 against the Los Angeles Kings at the Saddledome. Start time is 6 p.m. and tickets for this game are available through Ticketmaster.
- WHL Hockey: Meanwhile, the Calgary Hitmen continue regular season play with two games this week at the Saddledome. The Hitmen take on the Medicine Hat Tigers on Wednesday, October 6, followed by the Swift Current Broncos on Friday, October 8. Both games start at 7 p.m. and tickets for both are available through Ticketmaster.
- Stampede Casino: Open all year-round and featuring all your favourite slots, tables, a 24 hour poker room, as well as excellent food and special events throughout the year, there’s always something going on down here, so why not drop by for a visit? Here’s a taste of what’s happening this week:
- The Irish Descendants: Spend the holiday with The Irish Descendants and the Stampede Casino! Come see the show for only $17.50, or for $30 enjoy a fabulous Thanksgiving Buffet dinner along with the show. Sunday, October 10 in the Big Sky Showroom. Buffet goes from 5 to 9 p.m. while the show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets available through Guest Services or by calling 403.514.7055. More information on this event can be found here.
- Cirque du Soleil – KOOZA: Cirque du Soleil makes its way back to Calgary, and this time it’s at Stampede Park! KOOZA tells the story of The Innocent, a melancholy loner in search of his place in the world. KOOZA is a return to the origins of Cirque du Soleil: It combines two circus traditions – acrobatic performance and the art of clowning. The show highlights the physical demands of human performance in all its splendor and fragility, presented in a colorful mélange that emphasizes bold slapstick humor. KOOZA runs from September 16 to October 24, and the Cirque du Soleil Grand Chapiteau will be located in Parking Lot 6, just south of the Big Four Building. Tickets for the Calgary show are available on-line.
That’s all for this week. For updates and info on everything Stampede, make sure you follow us on Twitter at @calgarystampede, on Facebook through our official Facebook fan page, visit our website, and stay tuned to the official Stampede Blog to learn more about some of the things happening Here. All Year.