It’s the final day of Stampede 2010 and highlights include the finals of the Stampede Rodeo, GMC Rangeland Derby, the Heavy Horse Pull, and many other agricultural events and competitions. Also, the draw for all of the Stampede Lotteries prizes will happen live at midnight.
Here are the details on all that and more, as well as the results from Day Nine:
- Stampede Lotteries: It’s the final day to purchase your Stampede Lottery tickets! Only $50 for 20 chances to win including groceries for life, a boat, a motor home, a truck and much more. The Lottery booths are located throughout Stampede Park. Winners are announced live on Park at midnight.
- Rodeo Finals: With over $1,000,000 to be given away, Showdown Sunday is truly “Rodeo’s Richest Afternoon”. This progressive final sees all 10 qualifiers in six events compete once, with the four highest scores or fastest times advancing to the showdown round. These top-four contestants will let it all hang out for the top prize of $100,000 and the Calgary Stampede Championship. It’s straight-up rodeo, an exciting format, top dollars, elite athletes and superstar stock. Don’t miss the action starting at 1:30 p.m. in the Grandstand. Tickets still available.
- Hearts of the West Trick Riders: Watch Sunday as a family of trick riders amaze audiences in the Agriculture barn. The show starts at 6 p.m. Free with Park admission.
- Heavy Horse Pull Finals: The big boys are in the Big Top! The Stampede Heavy Horse Pull is Canada’s premier pulling competition, with teams from across North America vying for top honours. Teams will be pulling up to five times their body weight a distance of 14 feet. Be in the Big Top tent at 7 p.m. Free with Park admission.
- GMC Rangeland Derby Finals: That pounding of hoofs and trembling of the ground can mean only one thing; the world’s premier chuckwagon event, the GMC Rangeland Derby, has begun! Sunday is the $150,000 final heat. The races start at 8 p.m. The world famous Grandstand Show follows. Tickets still available.
- Nashville North: Krysta Scoggins, Justin Ament, Gord Bamford, Jo Hikk
- Coca-Cola Stage: The Heebee-jeebees, Terry Stokes, Martina McBride
- Saddledome Plaza Stage: Splash n’ Boots, Calgary Stampede Showband, Circo Comedia (new!), Treaty 7 First Nations dancers, Michael Harrison, Visiting Bands performance, Calgary Stampede Showband small ensembles, Recycled Percussion, A Band of Outriders
Day Nine Results:
- Chuckwagon Races
- UFA Steer Classic
- International Livestock Auctioneer Championship
- Champion: Tom Frey
- Reserve Champion: Andrew McDowell
- Third Place: Brennin Jack
- Fourth Place: Shawn Gist
- Top Rookie: Tyler Rosehill
- Stampede Talent Search
- Winner: Meg Contini
- First Runner Up: Michael Witteman
- Second Runner Up: Roger LeBlanc
- Third Runner Up: Madi Allen
- Don Welden Award: Sean Sinclair