If you’re looking for some free entertainment on park this year, be sure to check out the Saddledome Plaza Stage located right in front of the Saddledome.
This past weekend I had the opportunity to check out a few of the acts on stage, including Recycled Percussion and A Band of Outriders. Recycled Percussion is definitely one interesting act to check out. The group uses recycled materials as instruments – everything from trashcans, ladders and buckets. The act appeared in NBC’s America’s Got Talent and finished in third place out of over 100,000 groups. Recycled Percussion does a great job of delivering a high energy performance and keeping the audience engaged and involved; definitely an interesting act to check out on the grounds.
A Band of Outriders is also another great act to take in. It is comprised of the Calgary Stampede Showband Alumni. The band plays a variety of music from pop to R&B and funk, and gets people out of their seats!
Those are just two of the great acts playing at the Saddledome Plaza Stage but there are many other acts to check out as well including:
- MICHAEL HARRISON – a talented ventriloquist, puppeteer and comedian and also a finalist from America’s Got Talent
- CIRCO COMEDIA – A hilarious duo from Quebec performing acrobatic stunts, physical theatre and….rollerskates?
- SPLASH ‘N BOOTS – is fun, hip, edgy and guaranteed to bring out the inner rock star of kids and parents alike.
- TREATY SEVEN NATIVE DANCERS – Take in the rich tradition that has always been a part of the Calgary Stampede.
- CALGARY STAMPEDE SHOWBAND – The Showband’s Family Show features special guest Harry the Horse and a range of musical styles – from Chicago to Kool & the Gang. The evening show features music from the Showband’s 2010 summer field show and showcases the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- VISITING MARCHING BANDS – Enjoy the high-stepping music, colour and variety of visiting marching showbands.
If you’re looking for ideas on entertainment on park, take a look at the online planner for some great ideas. You can also check out the many acts on the Coca Cola Stage, Nashville North or the Bell Midway Circus. All of these great entertainment acts are free with park admission so be sure to check them out!