By: Reginald Tiangha
Here’s what’s on tap for today, the final day of competition (Day 4):
Saturday, September 5th
Competition Day 4 (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.) – Stampede Park, Free Admission, Open to the Public
Viewing Hours (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) – Stampede Park, Free Admission, Open to the Public
- Coca Cola Stage – Entertainment
- Global Skills Village – Presented by UA Canadian Piping Trades
- Canada House
- Alberta House
- Try-A-Skill @ Skill City – Presented by the Calgary Herald
September 5 – World Music/Dance Day
- 9:30 – 10 a.m. Loose Moose Improv
- 10:15 – 11 a.m. Frank Turning Robe Drummers and Dancers
- 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. Dara Dancers
- 12:15 – 1 p.m. Maximime
- 1:15 – 2 p.m. Calgary Samba School
Finally, to wrap the Cultural Celebration up, there’ll be a WorldSkills Celebration Spectacular held afterwards downtown at Olympic Plaza, with Small Stage performances being held between 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Main Stage performances being held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. For the complete schedule of performances, see here.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to check out the WorldSkills Competition yet, today’s your last chance to do so! If you’re looking for ideas on what to see when you come down, here are a bunch of suggestions.
Admission’s free, so come down to Stampede Park and see what the entire city’s been talking about.