This week’s Weekly Wrangle reveals the opening act for the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert this Stampede, MacKay’s Ice Cream’s exclusive Calgary Stampede flavour for this year, and hints on how you can plan your ideal Stampede get-away on Park!
Friday, June 17, 2011
- King Kinetics – equine therapy at the Calgary Stampede: Reo King doesn’t like to be called a horse whisperer, but there’s something about the Stampede outrider’s way of helping horses that sets him apart from anyone else in the world.
- There’s no place like Calgary Stampede for vacationing Canadians this summer: With affordability in the foreground of Stampede planning, The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth and BMO have teamed up to offer some extra incentive to pull on your boots and dawn your cowboy hat.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
- Breakfast for dessert: MacKay’s Ice Cream is proud to present this year’s signature Stampede flavor – Pancake Breakfast. Made with MacKay’s deliciously creamy vanilla ice cream, a ripple of real maple syrup, pieces of buttermilk pancake, and bacon – yes, bacon.
- Cowgirls in the City – The ultimate cowgirl experience: Move over cowboys, it’s time for the ladies to Cowgirl Up with Cowgirls in the City. This exclusive women’s only rodeo day is focused on raising money for the Calgary Stampede Queen’s Alumni Advancement Fund.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
- Glee star to open for NKOTBSB: Attention all Gleeks! Matthew Morrison, aka Mr. Schuester of Fox’s hugely popular musical television series Glee, will be opening for New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys (NKOTBSB) July 13 at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- Technology helps you plan your 2011 Calgary Stampede: Plan your Calgary Stampede like you have never planned before. Thanks to new and expanded technology at calgarystampede.com, you can design every step of your visit to The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, July 8-17.
If you want to stay up-to-date with all of the Calgary Stampede’s news stories and media releases, keep an eye on our e-News Portal at http://news.calgarystampede.com, subscribe to the e-News Portal RSS feed, or follow the official Calgary Stampede Twitter account at @calgarystampede.