While the Stampede Blog is a great resource on what’s happening in and around Stampede Park and elsewhere year-round, there’s a lot of news stories and media releases that get published over on our e-News Portal as well.
With the Calgary Stampede only 40 days away, there’ll be more and more information released over there in the lead-up to July. So in an effort to keep everyone informed, every Saturday we’ll round up and summarize all of the articles that have been published throughout the week over on the e-News Portal here in a new feature we’ll call the CS Weekly Wrangle!
(and special thanks to all of our fans and followers on Twitter who helped us come up with the name!)
So, let’s get right to it:
Friday, May 27
- Getting ready for the 2011 chuckwagon season: The 2011 chuckwagon racing season is underway. In fact, six major races will already have taken place before the chuckwagon teams compete at the Calgary Stampede from July 8 to 17. While the majority of the chuckwagon circuit’s races take place in the summer months, the training and conditioning of the horses begins much earlier.
- Lots and lots… of lots: When Stampede Park guests arrive for the Calgary Stampede this year, they’ll be greeted with 1,837 new prime parking spaces.
Thursday, May 26
- 2011 Calgary Stampede Coca-Cola Stage lineup released: The Calgary Stampede is world renowned as The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth for many reasons, one of which is that it’s one of Canada’s largest music festivals.
- Equine EHV-1: The Calgary Stampede is monitoring the Equine EHV-1 situation very closely, following industry information and consulting with equine veterinary professionals.
- Calgary Stampede hosts more than 500 4-H members: 4-H on Parade is the culmination of a year’s worth of time and effort put into a variety of projects by Calgary area youth. More than 500 4-H members will participate in this year’s event representing more than 40 clubs.
Tuesday, May 24
- Mavericks spices things up with the Ghost of the Big Four Challenge Burger: The authentic western dining restaurant held the Ghost of the Big Four Burger Challenge as seven contestants had to eat a very spicy double burger in less than 25 minutes.
If you want to stay up-to-date with all of the Calgary Stampede’s news stories and media releases, keep an eye on our e-News Portal at http://news.calgarystampede.com, subscribe to the e-News Portal RSS feed, or follow the official Calgary Stampede Twitter account at @calgarystampede.