Here are the daily highlights and Day Six results:
- Grandstand Show: World Party takes you on a wild ride across the world with acrobats soaring through the sky, an incredible motocross show, The Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede, a great performance by Eva Avila of Canadian Idol fame and much more. This is one party you won’t want to miss! Tickets to the Evening Show include admission to the GMC Rangeland Derby and the Grandstand Show.
- Cutting Horse Competition Finals: Often compared to watching an intricate dance, the pure athleticism and instinct of a skilled cutting horse is breathtaking to behold. Thursday is the final day to catch the action. Watch as horse and rider work as a team to cut cattle out of the herd in the Agriculture Barn at 5 p.m. This thrilling sport is one of the largest and most exciting equine events in North America. Free with Park admission.
- Youth Talent Search: The stars of the future are shining brightly at the Calgary Stampede Talent Search, now in its 30th year. This event has often been the first to direct the spotlight on impressive rising talent such as Paul Brandt. This year, 70 amateur youth performers (aged 13 to 21) from across southern Alberta are demonstrating their singing, dancing, acting and musical talents as they compete for cash prizes. Thursday is the semi-finals starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Boyce Theatre. Free with Park admission.
- Thrifty Thursday: Get your toonies ready and come out to sample your favorite Midway food as many Midway food vendors will be offering $2 samples. Check out your favorite booth to see what they’re offering for Thrifty Thursday!
- Text questions and a new iPhone app: Have a question or comment about the Stampede? Text the word STAMPEDE followed by your question to 313131 and a Guest Services representative will respond (operating hours are between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m.). Download our new iPhone app and stay on top of everything that’s happening on Park and in and around Calgary during The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.
- Nashville North: Krysta Scoggins, Justin Ament, Eric Church, Jo Hikk
- Coca-Cola Stage: Bob the Builder, Terry Stokes Raul Malo, Doc Walker
- Saddledome Plaza Stage: Splash n’ Boots, Calgary Stampede Showband, Circo Comedia (new!), Treaty 7 First Nations dancers, Michael Harrison, Visiting Bands performance, Calgary Stampede Showband small ensembles, Recycled Percussion, A Band of Outriders
Day Six Results:
- Chuckwagon Races
- Cutting Horse Competition